You need a new vacuum cleaner but cannot seem to decide between the two leading brands.
Do you choose a Shark or Dyson?
You are left wondering, which is better Shark or Dyson?
Well, it would depend on the price tag you are willing to pay, and the features you are looking for in a vacuum cleaner.
Are you looking for powerful suction for heavy-duty cleaning or do you need something lightweight?
Are you interested in a corded or cordless vacuum, or do you need a vacuum to clean multi-type floors?
In this post, we compare the top vacuums for both Shark and Dyson in two of the most popular vacuum types. First, we point out some differences between the two brands.
Shark vs. Dyson – What are the differences
Both brands are continuously producing high-quality vacuum cleaners. These cleaners are easier, quicker, and are more effective to use. Types include upright, stick, handheld, and more.
When the same type of Shark vacuum compared to the Dyson vacuum, it is clear what the major differences between the two are. A Shark tends to be cheaper, lighter while Dyson has more suction power, which gives it better overall performance.
At a higher price are Dyson vacuums worth it?
Let us look at what you can expect to receive from a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
- Better overall performance due to more suction power
- Dyson uses cyclonic separation technology to remove dust, allergens, and other particles from the air
- The lifespan of seven to 10 years
- Five-year warranty
Let us look at what you can expect to receive from a Shark vacuum cleaner.
- Affordable price and is lighter in weight
- Top of the range Shark vacuums have anti-allergen technology and a HEPA filter
- The lifespan of five to seven years
- Five-year limited warranty
Vacuum Cleaner Types
The best way to compare Dyson to Shark is to look at the two most popular types of vacuums in detail. The upright vacuum and the stick vacuum, with the included features such as corded and cordless.
The Upright Vacuums
The upright vacuums usually have a power cord and are for larger areas that require heavy-duty cleaning.
With our comparison in the Shark vacuum vs Dyson vacuum, we look at the top vacuum cleaner for each in the upright vacuum cleaner range. This is the Shark APEX Upright Vacuum and the Dyson Ball Animal 2
Shark APEX Upright with DuoClean
- Duoclean floor head for cleaning carpets and hard floors
- Included hand vacuum
- Zero M technology - Delivers nonstop hair removal with a self-cleaning brush roll
- Powered lift-away - Extend the reach with the detachable canister
- The capacity of the dirt cup - 1.5 quarts
- An 11-inch cleaning path
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology
- HEPA filter
- 30 feet power cord
- The floor nozzle and handle has LED lighting
- Strong powerful suction
- Ball technology for easy maneuvering
- A head that can self adjust to seal suction for removing dirt deep inside carpets
- Radical root cyclone technology that increases suction and reduces particles in the airflow
- Features and many additional tools for homes with pets without becoming tangled
- Whole- machine filtration that captures more than 99% dust particles and forces out cleaner air
- Cord length of 35 feet
The Stick Vacuums
Stick vacuum cleaners are becoming more and more popular due to their lightweight compared to the upright vacuum cleaner. The lighter weight enables you to carry it easily around your home and to store in smaller spaces.
They are mainly cordless and have the dust collected attached within the stick. Cordless stick vacuum cleaners are best for small or quick cleaning tasks.
The cost of the stick vacuums depends upon the brand, the model, and the features they have.
In our quest for finding which brand is better, we compare Dyson and Shark cordless vacuums. Here we will look at the Shark ion flex vs Dyson v10
Dyson V10 cordless stick vacuum
Features that stand out on the Dyson V10 are:
- Dyson V10 uses cyclone technology consisting of 14 concentric cyclones
- Battery power saving instant-release trigger
- Features a specialized torque head
- Advanced whole machine filtration
- Three different power settings
- Cleaning path of 9.84 inches
- A single non-removable battery
- Dust Bin Capacity of 0.20 gallons
- With a non-motorized tool, run time is up to 60 minutes
- Transforms into a handheld vacuum
If you are interested in a more powerful and intelligent Dyson cordless vacuum and the price is not an issue, try the Dyson V11 Torque Drive
Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean
Features that stand out on the Shark IONFlex are:
- Flexible hose for getting around awkward objects
- Comes with two removable batteries, use one while charging the other
- Clean fine dust, small and large particles on carpets and hard floors with the DuoClean Technology
- Convenient MultiFLEX Technology - This allows for flexibility in reaching under furniture as well as folding for compact storing
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal
- Dust cup capacity is 0.3 quarts
- Weighs 3.8 pounds
- Run time of around 20 minutes
- Converts to a handheld vacuum
In our comparison of Dyson v10 vs Shark, we found that the Shark ION Flex stood out slightly more. The convenience of the flexible hose and the ability to fold away to store in small spaces is a plus for many living in tiny homes and apartments.
With the Shark vs Dyson V11 for those who need more suction power and the intelligence of an LCD screen. The screen informs you about the remaining run time, power mode, performance, blockages, and gives a reminder for filter maintenance.When deciding which is better Shark or Dyson, consider your cleaning needs for the size of your home. Consider if an upright or stick vacuum cleaner would be better for your types of floors. Then consider the features you want such as flexibility, cordlessness, the type of filtration system, and the power of the suction.
6 HOURS 40 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
You Might Also Like:
Newly installed carpets in your home bring a sense of style, warmth, and comfort. But when they become dirty and soiled, just vacuuming ....Continue Reading