You hear that the best way to go for cleaning your house effectively and efficiently is to use a central vacuum system in your home.
But, what exactly is it, and how does a central vacuum work?
You may also find yourself asking, but is it expensive to have one installed?
This is where we come in. In this article, we will discuss what a central vacuum system is and how they work. We also include some amazing benefits of having one installed and different types of attachments you can use for your cleaning needs.
What is a home central vacuum cleaning system?
A central vacuum system or a whole-house vacuum system is a system that is designed to remove dirt and debris from your home. Exactly like a traditional vacuum cleaner but on a much larger scale.
This system is permanently installed in the walls of your home by using pipes or tubes. These pipes are what will connect the system to a large vacuum system that is kept in a location that is away from the living areas of your home. Areas like in a garage or basement, which is due to the size of the unit so that it is out of sight and out of the way.
Outlets or suction ports are then added to each room of your home. These ports enable you to easily attach and detach a hose as you clean one area to the next. This eliminates the hassle of you hauling around a heavy vacuum cleaner with you as you clean.
How does a central vacuum system work?
For how does a central vacuum work? It is basically the same as any traditional vacuum cleaner.
The main differences are:
- It is a lot more powerful
- There is less noise
- No need to worry if the power cord will reach different areas of your home
- Only need to carry around a hose and central vacuum attachments
- There is a minimum recirculation of dust and dirt
The recirculation of dust and dirt in the air of your home is not an issue anymore as it is reduced by a considerable amount. This is due to the external venting system it offers that lead to outside your home. Therefore, the vacuumed dust will not come back and affect you and your family while you are using it or linger in the air of your home.
Once installed, all there is for you to do to use the system is to attach the light hose to any outlet that you have placed in your home and switch it on. It will then suck up the dust and dirt into the hidden pipes or tubes in the walls of your home.
The dirt will then travel through the pipes or tubes to the central canister that is located in your garage or basement. This canister is large enough giving you the freedom of only having to empty it a couple of times a year.
With some central vacuum systems, you have the option to install extra features to make using it even easier for you.
- An automatic dustpan for those small but quick jobs of sweeping dirt into the nearest vent in the wall with a regular broom.
- A retractable hose system so that you do not need to carry the hose from one room to the next, maybe only a brush.
Benefits of installing a central home vacuum system in your family home.
There are several benefits to installing central vacuum systems in your home and they are:
- Up to five times more powerful than a traditional vacuum
- More convenient as there is no need to cart a heavy vacuum from one area to the next of your home
- The best option for allergy and asthma sufferers as the air is cleaner and healthier
- Ideal for cleaning up a pet or human hair
- It makes a lot less noise as the main power unit is located away from living areas of your home like in the garage or basement
- Central vacuum systems last a lot longer than traditional vacuum cleaners - which could be 20 years or more.
- Increases the value of your home
- Saves time as there is less time spent emptying out the canister or changing filters
- They are not too difficult to maintain
So as you can see, a central vacuum system has many amazing benefits to offer which are often well worth the cost. Depending on the type of central system, you choose to install and the added features. It does not cost much more, maybe even less than a top of the line traditional vacuum cleaner.
Source Link: https://www.smartvacuumguide.com/how-does-central-vacuum-work-home/
Are there central vacuum attachments and tools available?
Due to the vacuum system installed in the walls of your home, there is one popular question asked by many. That is are there any attachments and tools that you can use for more difficult tasks?
The short answer is yes.
The central vacuum system works the same as a traditional vacuum. They also have a variety of attachments and tools that you can order for your system.
Although most central systems can be purchased with the basic accessories and tools such as:
- A crevice tool,
- A dusting brush,
- An upholstery tool, and
- Floor tools
You can also buy other attachments separately or as packages to help make the task of cleaning the house even easier.
Tools and Attachments like:
- Turbo-powered carpet brushes
- Soft brushes for dusting
- Dust mops
- Pet hair brushes and tools
- Tile and hardwood floor brushes
- Fan and blind cleaning tools.
- Tools for cleaning stairs
- Additional stretch and crush-proof hoses
- Vacuum wands
- Hose hangers
- Bags or caddies for tool storage
There are many different tools and accessories available for every type of cleaning task that you may need to perform.Now that you know, what a central vacuum system is and the answers to how does a central vacuum works? You should be able to make an informed decision about whether to have your very own system installed.
6 HOURS 41 MINUTES
ESTIMATED TIME RESEARCHING AND WRITING THIS ARTICLE
You Might Also Like: